See the article at: A New Look at Engagement – Talent Management magazine.
Barb Krantz Taylors article in Talent Management Magazine, posted on Oct 21, 2011 provides an excellent look at the importance of engagement and productivity.
Of particular interest are the 9 key drivers of engagement she outlines (see her post for the full details and additional insight):
- Trust in Leadership
- Manager – employee relationship
- Co-worker relationships
- Job satisfaction / enjoyment
- Connection to the vision / clarity of purpose
- Pride in the organization
- Developmental opportunities
- Utilization of strengths
- Discretionary effort
Her point that conducting a survey and doing little or nothing with the results contributes to disengagement is bang on and worthy of the attention of senior leaders.